- In collaboration with our partners the Consulate and Norway House we have hosted and organized two visits from Official Norway.
- We have met high-level officials in the foreign ministry, who now understand why Minnesota matters to Norway-US relations and bilateral trade growth.
- We hosted a week’s worth of learning journey for a leading Norwegian company looking to Minnesota for a US expansion in partnership with Norway House.
- We have met the Norwegian Minister for Trade and Industry twice (once in D.C. and once in Norway) and laid out the plan for a more formalized collaboration between Minnesota and Norway.
- A long-time active member, IKT Telemark, established a relationship with Minnesota High-Tech Association whereby a delegation of Norwegian companies visited in November as part of the annual Tekne Awards. We hosted several meetings for the companies to pitch their software technologies.
- We have established connectivity and potential partnership with Nordic Innovation (innovation arm of Nordic Council) within their Smart City initiative which has a focus on the Twin Cities.
- We arranged a meeting for economic development representatives from the City of Oslo to meet Mayor Frey and staff to explore partnership model.
The Norwegian-American Chamber of Commerce North Chapter
Annual Letter to NACC North Members:
A lot has happened at NACC North in 2018. We are now finally the highest levels in Norway and already have access in Minnesota.
This is a lot of activity for a small volunteer driven organization. We punch above our weight, largely through extensive networks, professional experience and partnership organizations. Much more to come in 2019.
Welcome to the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce (NACC) – North Chapter, a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of economic and cultural relations, trade and investments between the United States and Norway.